The Blog

30 May


On Friday 25th May 2018 the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation came into force.  The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) very significantly increases the obligations and responsibilities for organisations and businesses in how they collect, use and protect personal data. At the centre of the new law is the requirement for organisations and businesses to

Read More
26 May

Raising funds for MS Ireland

Staff of Casey Stephenson along with a few friends took part in Optimal Fitness Tralee’s 5k and 10k Corporate Challenge on Friday 25th May 2018.  The event raised funds for MS Ireland, Kerry support services.  Our staff were delighted to support such a good cause. Congrats and well done to all! Picture courtesy of Dermot

Read More
08 May

Tax treatment of income from Short-Term Accommodation

Revenue have published a comprehensive document (eBrief No. 59/18) outlining the tax treatment for income arising from the provision of short-term accommodation. If you provide short term rentals to tourists, guests or visitors where the room or property is available for rent on a regular or frequent basis with a view to making a profit,

Read More
06 Apr

Holiday Home Rental Income

The new tourist season is underway.  If this is your first time providing holiday accommodation then you need to be aware that you need to file a tax return declaring the rental income you earn.  Income tax must be paid on the profit you make on renting out your property and this is calculated by

Read More
16 Mar

PAYE Workers – Claiming Refunds

You may be due a refund of some of the tax you paid for the years 2014 to 2017. To check if you are, you will need to review your tax for those particular years. There are two ways to review your tax: Request an End of Year Statement (P21). Complete a Form 12. End of Year

Read More
08 Mar

Registering for tax when starting up a new company

Firstly, you need to register the company with the Companies Registration Office and once you receive your CRO number you should advise Revenue that you are setting up a company. If you are represented by an accountant/agent, your accountant/agent will be required to submit an on-line application on your behalf using the Revenue Online Service

Read More
23 Feb

Taxation following marriage or civil partnership

Once you get married or register a civil partnership, you should advise the tax office of the date of your marriage or civil partnership registration and quote the Personal Public Service Numbers (PPS No.) for yourself, spouse or civil partner. For tax purposes, both spouses or civil partners continue to be taxed as two single

Read More
12 Feb

P35 Deadline Approaching

P35 Deadline Approaching The deadline for filing of 2017 P35’s is 15th February 2018, with an extended deadline of 23rd February for those using ROS. A P35 Return is the annual summary of amounts payable by all registered employers to the Revenue Commissioners after the year end. P35 can be filed in the following ways:

Read More
01 Feb

Rent a Room Relief

If you rent out a room (or rooms) in your home to private tenants, the rental income you earn will be exempt from income tax, provided this income does not exceed a certain limit in a tax year. This is called the rent-a-room relief.  A self-contained unit, such as a basement flat or a converted

Read More
24 Jan

Medical Expenses Relief

A claim for tax relief must be made within four years after the end of the tax year to which the claim relates. Therefore, to claim for the year 2014 you must submit your claim before the end of 2018. You may claim tax relief in respect of the cost of certain medical expenses paid

Read More
Page 3 of 1712345...10...Last »